Friday, May 23, 2008

textbook pregnancy--looking ahead


These are the words of the mom-to-be Doc to Katt yesterday. Measurements are good--including weight gain, stomach circumference, anything that could matter to pregnancy--and mentally things are good! Which for me, is a wonderful thing. My lovely wife doesn't even look on me in disgust when I pour myself a glass of wine (however she does look at me kinda funny when I tear off a piece of chipotle dark chocolate!!)

At 32+ weeks, things are almost ready. The Baby room is 90% set, but diaper bags need to be filled with whatever is supposed to go in them...I'm guessing not cycling shoes or endurox R4. OH, and the ever-talked about "hospital bag" needs to be packed. Be prepared, right?

So, what is the best piece of advice someone ever gave you before becoming a parent? Think about that for a while amongst yourselves, and if you have a good one, let us know!

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!
Slainte'!

No comments: