Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandpa!

Grandpa Lefler aged to 65 this past weekend. He was born on D-Day, while his father was off fighting in the war in the Pacific. Fortunately, not many of us have had to go through that...a first born, with just one parent. I can't even imagine.

Charlie had a blast with Grandpa, and Grandma, and lots of the other family who were able to come over to the house for a spectacular lunch.
This is Charlie's cousin Maggie...who if you remember is Granny Bonner's name! And of course Charlie is named after Granda Bonner. (more later.)


Here is the Huffman Grandkids, and great grandkids. Though the Grandparents Huffman aren't around anymore (in a physical sense at least) we are still very much the grandkids.

The Lefler generations. 3 of 'em. My brother in the back, my Pop holding Charlie-boy, and me.

Another birthday happened! Katt's Granny Bonner aged to 100. That's right 100 years old. All her family had come over to her house for a celebration as well. We skyped with them, and upon seeing her Great Grandson, all the way over in America, for the first time, she cried. I have to admit, I almost did as well. Sometimes I gripe over technology, and how it has stripped us of our humanistic, physical ways. Other times, technology is, as they say in Ireland, grand.

This is Granny Harkin, Katt, my Pop, Granny Bonner (the birthday girl) and my mom. A picture taken while we were over last for Katt's sister's wedding.

To all the families...be good to each other! They're the only one you're gonna get.

No comments: