Monday, December 29, 2008

post Christmas...and there's New Year's to go?

There's a pattern of sleep...I still need to catch up. But funny how everyone seems to like to fall asleep with Charlie in their arms. I think it's just an excuse.

Of course, this could be why some extra sleep is needed! That's me, my pop, and bro in law Niall. Christmas on my mom's side of the fam tends to be robust, or boisterous, take your pick. We've been doing an oyster roast, or fish fry since '88. Not your typical Christmas day flare, but we love it. Followed of course by the yearly showing of "Christmas Vacation."
"...next year she hopes to be barking for the yak woman..."
I posted this one above, because of how he likes to pull things over his head to sleep. Kind of interesting in how I like to do the same thing...Katt calls it "camping."

That is, WHEN I have something to pull over my head. But here Charlie is with me, in the hammock, on Dec 28th, in 70 degrees. What a day!

The first Christmas for Charlie Byron Lefler was all I hoped for. Lots of family, lots of good times, and leaving all the problems of the world alone for a while. Isn't that part of what Christmas is about?
I hope yours was as delightful as mine. See you in the New Year...

No comments: