Sunday, August 3, 2008

a post long in coming

I know it's been a while, but boy has Charlie been busy. He wanted, just wanted to go to the beach, so off we went. To two places that I have great memories of. North Myrtle Beach, where my folks took me when I was a kid. Kids', golfers', and eaters' paradise. I don't spend too much time there these days, as I in college found, what I and Katt, feel is a place that's almost been lost in time, forgotten by timeshares, condos, and high rises...

Oak Island. Or, back when Lee and I first started going to it, it was called Long Beach. Great place, not too crowded, even in the height of summer. Less touristy than that of Morehead City and Beaufort. Not too much to do, unless you want to look at the ocean, find some local place that serves up some great grub, and spend some time with family and friends.

Here's some video of Charlie...not the last, to be sure!

No comments: